Coconut Joy Bars
Indulge in your snack attack—guilt free. With homemade Coconut Joy Bars, skip the preservatives in store-bought bars and prep ahead using the Tupperware® SnackBar Maker (available March 11 – April 14, 2017 only).
Serving Size: 1 bar
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup quick cook oats*
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- In a small bowl, add dates, cover with hot water and soak 10 minutes. Drain water, transfer to Power Chef® System. Pull cord until finely minced.
- Transfer dates to a medium bowl; add oats, coconut, almonds, and salt. Using hands, knead mixture until oats are moist and dates are well distributed.
- In the 2-cup/500 mL Micro Pitcher, add coconut oil, butter, honey and almond butter. Microwave on high power 25 seconds or until melted; stir until well combined and smooth. Pour over oat mixture. Using hands, knead ingredients together until moist and sticky.
- Fill the Tupperware® SnackBar plunger with the oat mixture, about ½ cup; transfer to one compartment of the SnackBar Maker. Using the plunger, firmly press mixture to form a bar. Repeat with remaining oat mixture, dividing any extra evenly between the four compartments and firmly pressing with plunger. Place seal on SnackBar Maker, refrigerate 1 hour or until bars are set.
- Drizzle set bars with melted chocolate; let stand until chocolate has set, about 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to 7 days.
*Do not substitute old fashioned oats for quick cook oats.