For the past month we’ve been donating $1 to the American Red Cross for every new LIKE on our Facebook page and the recent catastrophic storms right here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area are reminding us why we do.
To participate, 'LIKE' any of our dealer pages and Southwest Kia will donate $1 to the American Red Cross in your name for EACH like!
Southwest Kia Rockwall
Southwest Kia Dallas
Southwest Kia Mesquite
American Red Cross North Texas Region Responds To DFW Tornado Outbreak
Currently, the Red Cross is working overtime to assist those affected by yesterday’s tornados. Almost 600 homes were damaged, with 200 reported destroyed, and approximately 21,550 households are without power. Right now, thanks to donations from supporters like you, the Red Cross is providing shelter and hot food, circulating in the affected areas to assess the damage as well as meet immediate needs and distributing more than 1,400 blankets at the airport to those who were forced to sleep there overnight.
Wondering what you can do to help those who need it? Besides sharing our page with friends and raising even more money for the American Red Cross, you can also text “REDCROSS” to 90999 to make a $10 donation that will go towards disaster relief. Thanks to all our awesome customers who’ve already liked our page, helped us donate $10,000 and made a difference— our thoughts are with everyone around us right as we rebuild the damage that was during these devastating storms!
How to Help
· Make a Financial Gift to Disaster Relief - Help us help the victims of thousands of disasters across the country each year, disasters like the recent spring floods and tornadoes, by making a financial gift to American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
· Donate Blood or Host A Blood Drive - Encourage employees to participate in community blood drives and/or host a blood drive on-site for both staff and customers. As a blood drive sponsor, you can help meet the blood needs of patients in your community and across the United States.
· Implement a Customer Donation Program - Give your customers the opportunity to support Disaster Relief by simply adding a dollar amount to their total purchase.
· Sponsor an Employee Giving and Matching Gift Program - Engage employees by sponsoring a fundraising campaign in support of Disaster Relief and provide an incentive to participate by matching employee donations. Employee giving can be done through a customized online donation site (microsite) or by sending e-mails to your employees on our behalf.
· Conduct a Percentage of Sales Program - Showcase your commitment to the Red Cross and the people we serve while generating sales for your company by donating a percentage of your sales to Disaster Relief.
· Donate Ad Space- Donate a portion of your advertising inventory and help share our stories about the individuals, families and communities affected by disaster.
· Place a Red Cross Banner Ad on Your Website - Place a Red Cross banner ad on your company website to reinforce your support of the Red Cross and encourage donations through our Donate Now webpage.
Your help allows the American Red Cross to be there for victims of disaster, whenever or wherever help is needed. For more information, or to help, please contact me at (214) 678-4666.
The Support of Donors
You can help people affected by disasters like the tornadoes in Texas, floods, fires and hurricanes, as well as countless crises at home and around the world, by making a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for and provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance in response to disasters. To make a donation, visit redcross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767). Contributions may also be sent to your local American Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, 4800 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75235. To learn more about the work of the American Red Cross in the U.S. and around the world, please visit redcross.org.