A web-based (browser-based) version of the Skyward Student Management Suite is now available. There are currently 62 school districts running Skyward’s web-based Student Management Suite with additional districts converting on a regular basis.
Web-based means the application can be run via the internet in a browser. The browser-based Student Management Suite offers numerous advantages, including:
- Can be run from any computer that has an internet connection and a standard Internet browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari)
- Cross platform compatibility
- Faster updates and deployment of new features
- Customizable screens
- Less maintenance
- Fewer platform limitations, which allows for an even more robust and powerful system
Skyward is proud to continue its tradition of providing our users with software upgrades at no additional fee! We feel that this has always been and continues to be the right decision for our customers especially in these tough economic times.
Skyward has been developing the web-based version of the Student Management Suite for several years. Here are key dates concerning the life cycle of our existing PaC version:
1. December 15, 2009 – As of this date, all user group enhancements are being made only to the web-based version.
2. August 1, 2011 – As of this date, Skyward will no longer make state reporting updates or enhancements to the PaC version of the Student Management Suite.
Skyward will distribute additional information in the coming months via our Skyward Customers Only website that will include:
1. System requirements to support the web-based version of the Student Management System. Note, system upgrades will be minimal as most districts already run the Skyward web-based GradeBook, Student and Family Access applications. These applications typically represent the largest user base for most districts.
2. Webinars and Tutorials designed to make the transition to the new web-based user interface seamless. Because the web-based system works much like the PaC system, Skyward anticipates that minimal training will be necessary for districts to make this transition. This consistency of navigation and display will mean that districts will be able to quickly and easily make the transition to the new web version.
Skyward's goal is to make your transition to the web as smooth as possible with minimal impact on your daily operations. Please continue to watch the Customers Only bulletin board for future information. If you have questions regarding this announcement, please email email@example.com.