Tip of the Month
- After draining pasta do not rinse it, with the following exceptions: rinse pasta if you are using it in a cold dish; or rinse it if you are not going to put sauce on it and serve it immediately. In those two cases, rinse the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Keep leftover cooked pasta in the refrigerator for up to three days. When it’s time to reheat, place pasta into the Saladmaster pasta inset and place the inset directly into boiling water (in the 10-quart/9.5 L Roaster) for one minute.
- Do not add oil to the water while pasta is cooking. Not only will it add unneeded calories but it will prevent the sauce from clinging to the pasta.
- Add leftover pasta to your favorite soup.
- Top pasta with leftovers for a quick and inexpensive meal. Cook and drain pasta, and add last night’s cooked vegetables, ground meat, chicken or fish.
Thank you to National Pasta Association
[PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION]