How long does it take to become successful in your own Saladmaster business? How long does it take to climb the ladder to reach the pinnacle of success? It only took our Amy Chen just two and a half short years to become Saladmaster’s number one Distributor in the world – yes – the world!
Amy is an extraordinary person and she is passionate about health. “Our family is vegetarian and for many years I have presented cooking classes to teach people how to eat in a more healthy manner. But my teachings were never complete until we brought Saladmaster into the mix. In my classes I wasn’t able to present the total picture about healthy eating until we incorporated the benefits and advantages of Saladmaster’s healthy cooking system,” says Amy.
She loved the product and loved the business opportunity. “We feel wonderful about representing Saladmaster because it really does help people to cook and live healthier.”
Amy’s business began slowly and in the beginning she had a preconceived attitude about some obstacles she felt were standing in the way of the growth of her business and the level of success she wished to achieve.
All of us confront obstacles on our paths through life. How we deal with those obstacles is what reflects our character, our values and dictates the level of our success. And whether those obstacles are large or small, real or imagined, there are steps we can all take, just as Amy did, to get around, over or through those obstacles and continue on the road to achievement. The first step Amy took was to take a true look at her attitude toward the obstacles she perceived. She determined she was skeptical about recruiting and that obstacle was standing in the way of her growth. “Our attitude was that it was hard to recruit; that people really didn’t need the money.”
Amy’s goal was to grow her business and she knew this obstacle was something she had to resolve. So she sought input from her Dealer. “James Tanti explained that the place I needed to start was in changing my way of thinking, my perception - change my attitude. Once I could change the way I looked at things we could then put together a goal, a strategy, and a plan of action on how to achieve my goal.”
“Amy was unbelievable! Within 90 days of a turn-around in her attitude about how to conduct her business, her business turned around as well. It just took off!” says James Tanti.
We all want to be successful and problem solving skills are necessary in any facet of life. Here are some tips that Amy followed that have led to her remarkable success:
- Determine the source of the obstacle in front of you; that idea or thing that is standing in the way of your success. a. The obstacle Amy perceived: recruiting is difficult.
- Seek assistance from successful professionals in your field. a. Amy worked with her Dealers, James and J Tanti, to determine how she could grow her business faster. Amy’s attitude was analyzed. Amy realized that all of her customers saw the value in Saladmaster cookware. And one look at the current economy reflected the vast need people have for additional income. People are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a wonderful, quality company like Saladmaster.
- Adjust your attitude. a. Once Amy could look at what she perceived as a roadblock in a different way, she could change her attitude about how she approached her business.
- Adjust your strategy and business plan toward achieving your goal. a. Amy’s business goals changed as she changed her focus from selling to recruiting. With her goals expanded she structured a new strategy for approaching her business and put together a plan of action to accommodate those new goals.
- Work hard (and smart) toward achieving your goal. a. Amy presents in excess of 15 demonstrations in a week with a new focus on recruiting. As a result, her business has increased exponentially taking her quickly to the level of top Distributor in the world.
“There are always obstacles in life and in business. The key is to have faith that you can overcome whatever obstacle is in front of you. We also believe in our goal, which is first and foremost to help people. And in the process we make so many friends and have so much fun!”
We cannot travel through life free of obstructions. And like Amy, being willing to confront them and taking the steps we need to take to solve them is how we will achieve success. Obstacles are opportunities that can help us make our business better and help us make our lives better. Amy’s approach of finding opportunities to grow from facing her obstacles will always lead her to a successful life!
Amy, you are an extraordinary example for all of us to emulate! We are so proud to have you as part of the Saladmaster family!