- 1-1 ½ lbs. ground turkey –white meat only (454-680 g)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (85 mL)
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds (22 mL)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (30 mL)
- ¼ cup onions chopped fine (60 mL)
- 1 egg beaten
- ¾ cup whole wheat bread crumbs (190 mL)
- 1 tablespoon low salt quality all-purpose seasoning (15 mL)
- 1 clove minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley (10 mL)
- ¼ cup whole cranberry sauce (60 mL)
- In a large chilled bowl, combine well, but do not over mix the ground turkey, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and onions.
- Add the beaten egg, seasoning, garlic, parsley and cranberry sauce.
- Begin introducing the bread crumbs, until mixture holds together well. Additional breadcrumbs may be required depending on moisture content of the mixture.
- Pre-heat Saladmaster Oil-Core Skillet to 375 F (190 C).
- Shape into patties and place in skillet. Cover the skillet with the lid, leaving it slightly cracked. When patties release from bottom of skillet, flip them over. Cover. Turn skillet temperature to150-160 F (65-70 C). Lid should seal. Cook for 12-15minutes.
- Turkey patties are cooked when juices run clear, and the internal temperature on a food grade thermometer registers 170 F (77 C).
- These patties can be served with you favourite pasta, rice and seasonal vegetables, or on a bun with assorted condiments and accompaniments.
Depending on the moisture content of the ground turkey and mixture, you may be required to add additional bread crumbs. Mixture should hold together well when shaped into patties.
You are Eating In 30-40 minutes
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Calories: 203 cal, Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 0.7 g, Cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 165 mg, Carbohydrates: 19 g , Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 23 g
Additional Nutritional Information:
Heart Healthy Diabetes Food Choices: Carbohydrates: 1.0 OR Starch: 1.0; Protein: 3.0; Sugars: 0.5.
About the author: For over 30 years Chef John has developed his culinary skills working along side national and international acclaimed chefs. As a professional Certified Chef de Cuisine, educator and businessman, Chef John is proud to share his culinary knowledge with those who dare to listen and watch.