2 Large carrots, halved and cut julienne (sticks)
4 Chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 Onion, small, sliced and separated into rings
2 Green peppers, seeded and cut julienne (sticks)
1 Yellow pepper, seeded and cut julienne (sticks)
½ cup Moroccan style olives
¼ cup Parsley, fresh, chopped OR dry (1 ½ tbsp./25mL)
¼ cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
1 Lemon, cut into wedges
3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
1 ½ tbsp. Lemon juice, fresh
2 Garlic cloves fresh
¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Pre-heat Saladmaster 11 inch skillet to medium. Add chicken and sauté until fully cooked turning occasionally, (4 to 5 minutes or until juices run clear.) Remove chicken from pan and cool.
2. Prepare vegetables and olives, place in a glass salad bowl.
3. Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add chicken to salad mix. Drizzle over all the ingredients, toss gently with parsley and cilantro.
5. Refrigerate about one (1) hour. Serve on a bed of fresh salad greens.
TIP: Consider serving in a scooped out tomato or green pepper. You will love the colors! If you desire, reduce the amount of olive oil by half and increase the lemon juice to 2 tablespoons.
Yield: 6 Servings
Nutritional Analysis: (1 serving)
Total Fat: 10g
Sodium: 440 mg
About the author: For over 30 years Chef John has developed his culinary skills working along side national and international acclaimed chefs. As a professional Certified Chef de Cuisine, educator and businessman, Chef John is proud to share his culinary knowledge with those who dare to listen and watch.