Which of the following would NOT be considered a symptom of exposure to mold?
B. Shortness of breath
C. Nose & throat irritation and burning, watering eyes
D. Discoloration of the tongue
E. Memory loss and difficulty concentrating
The correct answer is (D) – Discoloration of the tongue is not considered a symptom of exposure to mold. However, the following have been identified as effects from exposure to toxic mold: headaches; memory loss; problems focusing and concentrating; chronic fatigue; nose and throat irritation; persistent cold-like symptoms; burning, itching or watering eyes; dizziness; nausea; tremors; heart palpitations; shortness of breath (during mild exertion); exhaustion after routine activity; serious swelling in legs, ankles, feet; serious swelling in torso or stomach; prolonged muscle cramps and joint pain; sensitivity to odors; cancer; miscarriages and multiple complications in pregnant women.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, or feel you have been exposed to toxic mold, see your physician as soon as possible.