The following steps outline the procedure required to customize the menu layout in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0.
- Figure 1 illustrates how the default menu layout is displayed in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0.
- By clicking Tools > Customize Screen, a dialog box appears, as seen in Figure 2. Five tabs are available which allow different aspects of window customization. The Commands tab allows different icons to be dragged and dropped both to and from the icon toolbar surrounding the work area and the palette. The icons are listed on the palette by function.
- The Toolbars tab, as seen in Figure 3, allows different sets of icons to be toggled on or off, or moved to a different location surrounding the work area.
- The Navigation Tabs tab is separated into two parts as seen in Figure 4. These settings can be used to move the Navigation tabs settings or the Model tree settings to different positions in the working area, as shown in Figure 5 below.
- The Browser tab, as shown in Figure 6, controls the width of the browser window (see Figure 7) and also the option to expand the browser by default when Pro/ENGINEER is started.
- The Options tab, as shown in Figure 8, contains settings for the Dashboard position, Secondary Windows and Menu display. Dashboard position can be moved in order to list the several working steps executed in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0. The Secondary Windows options influence the opening of new Pro/ENGINEER windows from the main window. The Menu display icons can be switched on or off.
- Figure 9 illustrates what the Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 window layout looks like after several modifications made with the Customize Screen functionality. The functionality provides a great deal of flexibility in setting up the work environment to meet each individual's needs.
New Pro/ENGINEER Training Exercise Demo!
Test drive a FREE three-part sample learning exercise
featuring the Pro/ENGINEER Auto Round training module. Discover how this powerful Auto Round tool can enhance your design capabilities faster and more efficiently… then apply your newfound knowledge to live projects you’re currently working on.
This free example learning exercise includes:
- An audio and slide presentation that introduces and outlines the Pro/ENGINEER Auto Round module
- A video demonstration and narration of the application in use
- Step-by-step audio instructions on how to utilize the Auto Rounds module to enhance your design process.
Of course, this is just one example of the thousands of topics that PTC University covers in its courses. You can attend classes at one of our training centers, learn on-line or request onsite training right at your place of business. Click here to find out more about PTC University.
Was this tip helpful? Let us know.