The picture operator provides a convenient method of importing and displaying a graphic file into your Mathcad worksheet.
To insert a picture:
- Choose Insert > Picture from the Mathcad menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl] T or
- Click on the Insert Picture icon on the Matrix toolbar.
The operator appears in the worksheet with a single input placeholder at the bottom.
Inside the placeholder, you may:
- Enter a string containing the name of, or path to, an image file. Supported graphics formats include BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, and TGA.
- Enter the name of any matrix to display it in 256 shades of gray.
- Enter the names, separated by commas, of three matrices of the same size containing the individual red, green and blue (RGB) values corresponding to a color image.
Once inserted, a hashed (dashed) border appears around the edges of a picture when it is clicked on with the mouse.
The Picture toolbar also displays when the image is selected. Hover the mouse over an icon to display a tool tip identifying the functionality of the button.
This functionality includes:
Select window, pixel, row, and column
- Image rotation, flipping, and transposition
- Pan and zoom
- Brightness/contrast settings
These options are also available by right-clicking directly on the image and accessing the popup menu.
Right-click on the image and select Properties from the popup menu shown above.
Select Output Selected Matrix from the Picture Properties dialog to create an empty output placeholder on the left side of the image.
Assign a variable name to the output.
then display the output matrix as a separate image using another Picture Operator.
Similarly, select Output Selected Coordinates from the Properties menu to extract coordinate information about a particular point or window.
For more information see the QuickSheet, Extracting a Submatrix from an Image in the Mathcad Resource Center or look up Working with a Picture in online Help.
[PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION]