Customizable flyouts can be added to toolbars in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 by dragging and dropping a New Flyout icon to any toolbar. It is important to remember that:
- If a flyout has been added to the Sketcher Tools toolbar while in Sketcher Mode, then the flyout is displayed in Sketcher Mode only. When not in Sketcher Mode, the flyout is not displayed.
- If a Model Display icon has been added to a flyout in the Model Display toolbar while in Part Mode, then the message is shown: "Button added to Model Display toolbar.
The following procedure outlines how to add a customized flyout to a Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 toolbar:
- From the main Pro/ENGINEER window, click Tools > Customize Screen. This opens the Customize dialog box (Figure 1)
- Click the Commands tab and scroll down to the bottom of the Categories field
- Highlight New Menu under the Categories field
- With the left mouse button, drag and drop the New Flyout button to a Pro/ENGINEER toolbar (Figure 2)
Once the new flyout has been added to the toolbar from the Customize dialog box, icons can be added to the flyout of the work area. In this case, we will add Analysis icons to the new flyout. (Figure 3)
This can be done by using the left mouse button to drag and drop icons from the Customize dialog box onto the new flyout. Multiple icons can be added to the new flyout using the same procedure. Further, the order of the icons can be defined for specific workflow requirements. Figure 4 shows a new flyout with multiple Analysis icons added to it
The new flyout information will be saved in the config.win file specified in the Customize dialog box.
The display of the flyout can be defined by clicking one of the options (Text Only, Image Only, Image and Text from the right mouse button pop-up menu) for the corresponding icon inside the flyout. Additionally, icons can be deleted from a flyout by clicking Delete from the right mouse button pop-up menu, and icons can be copied by clicking Copy Button Image from the right mouse button pop-up menu.
This is a sample of the wealth of material you can find in PTC's technical Knowledge Base. You can gain complete access to the Knowledge Base by becoming an active maintenance customer. Learn more.
Was this Knowledge Base Exclusive tip helpful? Let us know.