It is very easy to setup your Windchill PDMLink environment to view specific Pro/ENGINEER parameters for parts and assemblies. When properly configured, the chosen parameters will be displayed on the part details page within Windchill PDMLink. This setup is quite simple and is called Mapping IBA’s (Instance Based Attribute). Pro/ENGINEER parameters are mapped to Windchill attributes. Thus, part/assembly parameters are recognized by the Windchill system and displayed accordingly.
How to map. Mapping Pro/ENGINEER parameters to Windchill IBA’s is very easy. Just follow these steps:
1. Make sure the parameters you wish to appear in Windchill are designated in Pro/ENGINEER.
2. In Windchill PDMLink, login as a user with administrative privileges (such as wcadmin) and navigate to Site Utilities>Attribute>Definition Manager.
3. Create an organizer (such as “Parts” in the image) to store your attributes. (Figure 1)
4. Within the organizer, create a new attribute. Choose the “Type” of attribute you wish to add (String, Boolean, Date & Time, etc.). Also, ensure that you use capital letters for the name for Pro/ENGINEER parameters that are in capitalized. Click OK. (Figure 2)
5. Save the new attribute. (Figure 3)
Displaying attributes in Windchill PDMLink. To view the Pro/ENGINEER parameters (attributes in Windchill PDMLink), simply open a Web browser and navigate to the details page of the item you wish to view.
Notice the attributes are displayed on the part details page, within the object’s meta-data. Likewise, attributes are also displayed on the details page of the CAD document. (Figure 4)
Please note that attributes must be mapped to Pro/ENGINEER parameters prior to check-in to be available on the part details page. If not, then they will appear after the next check-in is performed.