The Manufacturing Process Manager in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire allows you to see all your manufacturing steps in a single table and then manipulate them as easily as you would in a standard spreadsheet application.
In a table format, the Manufacturing Process Manager displays the workcells, tooling, fixture setup and manufacturing steps (meaning toolpaths or NC Sequences). The table allows you to edit existing steps or create new steps using the icon-based interface. And when you’re finished, you can capture your process and use it again on a new job using manufacturing templates.
Templates store tools, parameters (feeds and speeds) and geometry references. You can also store a picture for reference (the dialog box allows you to select a JPEG) and a note to describe the template to anyone else viewing the document.
If you use the template in a new project, you may need to define the geometry references, but all the logic from the template is used in your new model. To create the template:
- In Pro/ENGINEER Machining, open an existing manufacturing model that contains the steps you’d like to use in a template
- Start the Manufacturing Process Manager
- Select the Create Template icon
- Type a name for your template in the dialog box
- Select a JPEG picture (optional)
- Add a custom parameter (optional) by selecting the plus sign like “Author” and enter your name
- Put in a note to describe this template to your colleagues, “This is a template to machine a 1-8 UNC Tap” (Your screen should now look similar to Figure 1)
- Select preview template and look at it the embedded browser
- Save and exit the template. Store it where others can access it
Now sit back and reflect on your technical prowess!
Was this tip helpful? Let us know.