In this tip, you will learn how to transfer data from Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire to Pro/ENGINEER 2001 using the Neutral file export and import format and the Associative Topology Bus (ATB). You will maintain an associative link for any future changes made to parts created in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire. This process helps in situations where a design is created in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire, but a partner performing manufacturing or analysis is using Pro/ENGINEER 2001.
The following steps outline this process:
· Add TOPOBUS_ENABLE YES to your config.pro file.
· Within an active Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire session, open a part and select File < Save a Copy and select Neutral file under Type (see Figure 1).
· Select OK to export the data as a Neutral file (see Figure 2).
· Select a Coordinate System or accept the Default (see Figure 3) to complete the export process.
· Within an active Pro/ENGINEER 2001 session, select File < Open and set Type to Neutral (see Figure 4).
· Highlight the file on the list and select Open.
· From the Import New Model dialog box, select Part or Assembly and select OK to complete the import (see Figure 5).
Now return to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire.
· Open the original part, make a change, and save the part.
· Select File < Save a Copy and select Neutral File under Type (see Figure 6). Use the same name as the first neutral file that was exported.
Now return to Pro/ENGINEER 2001.
· With the imported part active in session, select File < Associative Topology Bus and Check Status (see Figure 7).
· The Information Window will provide data informing you if changes have been made to the model in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire (i.e. changes to the neutral file) (see Figure 8).
· Select File < Associative Topology Bus and Update All (see Figure 7).
Let us know.
Was this tip helpful?