Baby, it’s cold outside! Is the cold, wind, snow and gloom of winter getting you down? Bring back your sunny disposition by planning a trip to Barbados. Join fellow Penn Staters during the sixth annual Penn State Family Escape, July 21–28. Here are 10 reasons to take the plunge and book your trip today!
10. Paradise—Barbados is a slice of paradise, with its white sandy beaches and turquoise waters, abundant attractions and lots to do—or lots to not do while having a drink on the beach.
9. Bougainvillea Beach Resort—This luxury resort is convenient to all of Barbados’ temptations, but stands elegantly apart from other resorts.
8. Activities galore—From tennis to yoga to a water sports center featuring windsurfing, kite surfing and jet skiing, this resort has something for everyone in the family, right on site.
7. Adventure—Get out and get into Barbados … including Penn State-only excursions such as a half-day jeep safari, zip lining over the jungle and a scenic sunset cruise.
6. A Kids’ Club—Turn your little and not-so-little kids over to students from Penn State’s College of Education, who will entertain them with beach games, arts and crafts, storytelling and more.
5. Nightlife—Enjoy nightly entertainment at the resort or venture out to local hotspots for Caribbean music.
4. R-E-L-A-X!—Get away from it all and relax by lounging on the pristine stretch of beach or indulge in a hot-rocks massage at the on-site spa.
3. Food and beverages—Forget the usual hassle of eating out. The Penn State Family Escape includes all breakfasts, all lunches, two dinners at two on-site restaurants, plus a beach bash dinner and dinner at an historic plantation. All non-alcoholic beverages and standard bar brands of alcoholic beverages are also included.
2. Golf—Tee off at the world-renowned Barbados Golf Club just minutes away and get discounted greens fees and preferential tee times.
1. Penn Staters—Enjoy the company of other blue-and-whiters.
The Penn State Family Escape to Barbados starts at $1,799 for adults (plus airfare). Special children’s pricing and discounted air fares are available. Learn more details and reserve your family’s spot today.
Dozens of other trips are offered by the Penn State Alumni Association. Check out the 2012 travel calendar.