From fall football to snowy winters and to studying in spring sunshine, Penn State is a three-season memory for many alumni. Now alumni can round out their Penn State seasonal résumé by getting a taste of summer and the famed Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts. Check out five reasons to attend Arts Festival Alumni Weekend, July 14–17, this summer.
- For art thou. Art will be everywhere during the 45th Annual Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts. Lining the Mall, throughout the streets of State College and inside a number of churches and galleries, gorgeous art awaits to be savored, appreciated and even purchased.
- Music in the air. More than 40 performances will be on the five main stages of Arts Festival throughout the weekend. From old favorites like Cartoon to up-and-coming artists like Billy Bauer Band, from folk singers like Deirdre Flint to world-polka-accordion sensation Alex Meixer, all types of music will be available for all types of tastes.
- Festival food. What’s better than cherry strudel or chicken on a stick? Savor it walking around viewing fabulous art or cop a spot under a shade tree to take a much-needed break.
- Cheap place for your head. Stay in West Halls for just $44 per person double occupancy—including breakfast! It’s just steps from the Arts Festival route. Plus the flashbacks to your college days are free.
- Extra, extra. Arts Festival Alumni Weekend includes loads of extra-special fun—from swimming for free at Penn State’s outdoor pool to a free family photo to a Saturday ice cream social featuring none other than Berkey Creamery ice cream and live entertainment. It’s the best way to attend Arts Fest.
Registration for Arts Festival Alumni Weekend is just $30 per person for members of the Alumni Association or $55 for non-members. Children under 5 are free. For more info and to register, visit www.alumni.psu.edu/events/artsfest2011, call the Alumni Association at 800-548-LION (5466), option 4, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the latest on the Arts Festival.