Experience the Best in Mercedes Performance with AMG Driving Academy
Beginner and expert drivers alike will benefit from this premier training program.
Mercedes-AMG, the high-performance subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz, is headquartered in Affalterbach, Germany, and creates some of the most desired vehicles in the world. If you don’t happen to own one of these luxurious machines, however, don’t worry; thanks to the AMG Driving Academy, enthusiasts can get behind the wheel for the ride of a lifetime.
The AMG Driving Academy program offers Basic, Advanced and Pro levels of training provided by professional instructors. Basic training is a one-day program that focuses on the fundamentals of performance driving dynamics and car control maneuvers. Drivers will put their skills to the test at high speeds during a performance course competition. Two-day Advanced training gets more technical and offers extended track time. Lastly, Pro training consists of three days of intense instruction, along with plenty of opportunities to experience maximum speeds and challenges.
Participants will have access to several AMG models, including the E63 AMG, SL63 AMG, C63 AMG Coupe, SLK55 AMG and the SLS AMG. This year, the Academy has expanded to five tracks, further developing its repertoire of custom-designed exercises and experiences. The 2012 tracks offer a variety of challenges for drivers:
- Palm Beach International Raceway (Jupiter, Florida), April 12 to 17, Basic and Advanced – High speeds and twisting corners make for an intense challenge.
- Lime Rock Park (Lime Rock, Connecticut), May 8 to 17, Basic, Advanced and Pro – This 1.53-mile, seven-turn course is enhanced by the beautiful Berkshire Mountains of northwest Connecticut.
- Texas Motor Speedway (Fort Worth, Texas), September 6 to 9, Basic – The infield road course is a good starting point for beginner drivers to test their limits.
- Laguna Seca Raceway (Monterey, California), September 23 to 27 and November 8 to 12, Basic, Advanced and Pro – Located on the Monterey Peninsula, Laguna Seca features the famous Corkscrew complex and 2.24 tough miles.
- Auto Club Speedway (Fontana, California), October 23 to 30, Basic and Advanced – Known as the fastest track on the West Coast, the Auto Club Speedway is sure to thrill.
No matter which course you choose, the AMG Driving Academy will undoubtedly improve your skills on and off the track. You’ll also get up-close and personal will some of the most amazing vehicles ever built. For more information and registration, visit www.amgacademy.com.
[PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION]