Attention Lexus drivers: if you live or travel anywhere near New York City, there will soon be a hangout designed with Lexus aficionados in mind. The venue is the new INTERSECT BY LEXUS-NYC in Manhattan’s upscale, forward-thinking Meatpacking district, and it opens in late fall 2018.
Think of the venue as part culinary exploration, part intellectual shindig, and part design-minded shopping spot—all reflecting a vibrant Lexus energy. Neither a dealership nor a traditional retail space, INTERSECT is a place for you to drop in to be entertained or inspired, or enjoy an excellent meal from a rotation of renowned chefs. Here’s why you should go:
1. The café: When you step into INTERSECT BY LEXUS-NYC, one of the first areas you’ll notice is a sleek café where you can hang out while drinking premium coffee, sampling creative pastries (in the morning), or enjoying some light entrees (in the afternoons and evenings). It’ll be a lively atmosphere to relax, chat, or pop open your laptop to get a little work done.
2. The restaurant: INTERSECT BY LEXUS-NYC is actually the third of its kind (popular locales have already opened in Tokyo and Dubai), but it will be the first to rotate its restaurant chefs among top worldwide talents. This concept reflects INTERSECT’s focus on creative innovation, and it allows repeat visitors to enjoy a variety of unique culinary visions. The best part: Lexus drivers get priority reservations.
3. The cocktail lounge: Next to the restaurant is the venue’s cocktail space, which is anchored by a central circular bar. The sweeping lounge employs a mixology strategist who specializes in working closely with chefs to design cocktails that complement the changing menus. The cocktail list will feature signature creations as well as modern takes on the classics.
4. The events: The name INTERSECT derives from Lexus’ desire to create a place where people and ideas come together. This means that beyond the culinary happenings, the venue will continually host a series of talks, workshops, performances, installations, screenings, and panels—stimulating, entertaining events worthy of intelligent Lexus drivers.
5. The shopping: Onsite is a collection of accessories for sale—called CRAFTED FOR LEXUS—that features carefully curated items selected from local U.S. designers and Lexus’ global collection. Lexus selected each item for its originality and because it embodies the kind of creative elegance Lexus drivers appreciate.
By Brian Gill