Win An All Expense Paid Trip To Germany On VW
Golf R Ultimate Fan Experience Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION TIMING: Volkswagen Golf R Ultimate Fan Experience Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on April 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on May 14, 2012.
2. TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
Via iPad® or iPad2 digital device: If you have an iPad® or iPad2 digital device prior to the start date and it is enabled with the ability to download an application, download the free Driver’s Forever App (“Application”) on your iPad or iPad2. Upon download, open the Application, click on the Sweepstakes link, register by submitting your email and complete age verification, and follow the directions to participate in the Sweepstakes. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter Sweepstakes is prohibited.
Via Mail-In: To enter the Sweepstakes without an iPad® or iPad2 digital device, mail-in a 3” x 5” piece of paper with your name, complete address, daytime phone number, email address, date of birth, in a hand-addressed stamped envelope, to: Volkswagen Golf R Ultimate Fan Experience Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1484, Herndon, VA 20172. Limit one mail-in entry per envelope. All eligible mail-in entries must be postmarked by May 14, 2012 and received by May 21, 2012. All Entries must be complete to be eligible. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Limit of one entry, per person, per email address, regardless of method of entry. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrants’ online service will apply, if entering online.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Apple. You understand that you are providing your information to Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. and not to Apple.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: The entrant selected as the potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 28, 2012, from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail/mail within thirty (30) days of the drawing.
4. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize of a seven (7) day/six (6) night trip for two (2) to Germany to visit the Volkswagen facilities from September 11, 2012 through September 17, 2012. Trip includes round-trip coach-class air transportation for two (2) from the major airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s home to Berlin, Germany, ground transportation to/from the airport/hotel in Berlin, two (2) night hotel stay at the Ritz Carlton Wolfsburg or similar based on double occupancy, two (2) night hotel stay at the Linder Nürburg or similar based on double occupancy, two (2) night hotel stay at the Ritz Carlton Berlin or similar based on double occupancy; two (2) four-day German Rail passes for transportation between Berlin/Wolfsburg and between Nürburg/Berlin; Berlin sightseeing pass allowing free entry to more than 50 Berlin attractions; tour of the Volkswagen facility in Wolfsburg; receive driving instruction on the Nürburgring race track on September 13, 2012 and September 14, 2012 (only applicable if winner is a licensed driver with valid insurance otherwise this portion of prize will be forfeited) and a total of seven hundred and fifty dollars ($750) in spending money. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000) and depends in part on air distance to be traveled.
Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize (or portion of prize) cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will award a prize of equal or greater value. Nürburgring race track dates subject to change. Nürburgring race track driving instruction is subject to additional restrictions and may require additional waivers required by the race track. If the Nürburgring race track driving instruction is canceled or the winner does not meet requisites/requirements, that portion of the prize will not be awarded. Winner agrees that Sponsor may videotape and/or photograph all or any aspects of the Grand Prize trip (“Footage”) and winner agrees that Sponsor may use, edit, adapt or advertise and promote that Footage or portions of that Footage in any way they see fit. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty (except as specifically included) or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. In the event the Sponsor is unable to award the tour of the Volkswagen facilities for reasons out of Sponsor’s control, that portion of prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prize are the sole responsibility of winner.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 48 states of the continental U.S. who are 25 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., (“Sponsor”), the Sponsor's parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and agents, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., AKQA, Edelman and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws.
6. GENERAL RULES:
Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where legal, a Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of notification attempt. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all eligible entries received.
Grand Prize winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must have valid travel documents (i.e., valid passport, photo ID, etc.) prior to departure. Potential Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must be 25 years of age and execute a Release of Liability prior to departure.
A minor will not be allowed to participate in any portion of the Grand Prize travel without being accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian who executed required document(s) on said minor’s behalf.
Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner must travel on Sponsor-specified dates as indicated above; dates of departure and return are subject to change. Certain restrictions may apply. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations.
All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above including but not limited to taxes, meals, tips, entertainment and transportation to and from home residence to airport are the Grand Prize winner’s sole responsibility.
If the prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
By accepting the prize, winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness, voice and Footage for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges.
BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of an online dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the iPad portion of the Sweepstakes and award prize from among all eligible iPad entries received prior to cancellation or termination and all eligible mail-in entries received.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected or postage-due mail-in entries or for any technical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winners’ names will be available at vw.com/GolfRUltimateFanExperienceWinner, from June 28, 2012 to September 14, 2012.
8. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. whose address is 2200 Ferdinand Porsche Drive, Herndon, VA 20171.
9. ADMINISTRATOR: The administrator of this Sweepstakes is Edelman, 5900 Wilshire Boulevard, 24th and 25th Floors, Los Angeles, CA 90036.
[PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION]