Pastors – No Rain Tax Rally is ON!
Wednesday, March 9
Houston City Hall (back steps facing Tranquility Park)
901 Bagby, Houston
Speakers will include:
● Dr. Ed Young, Second Baptist Church
● Pastor Robert Jefferson, Houston Ministers Against Crime
● Hon. Paul Bettencourt, Former Harris Co. Tax Assessor/Collector
● Dr. Steve Riggle, Grace Community Church
● Marvin Marcell, Group 1 Auto
● Duncan Klussman, Superintendent, Spring Branch ISD
● Houston City Council members
● …and other key community leaders!
It is SHOWTIME to display to our city leaders that we will not be silent in the face of unscrupulous election methods, oppressive taxation on churches, schools and businesses and attempting to offset irresponsible government spending on the backs of the people!
Please execute the following over the next two Sundays – boldly, clearly and with passion!
- From the pulpit – call your congregation to join you at city hall!
- Ask the m to stand or even sign up to show their commitment
- In the bulletins – include the event details above in your Sunday/midweek bulletins
- Via email/newsletter – Send a SPECIAL CALL to your church list
- Don’t let it get lost in your normal email or newsletter
- In your PowerPoint announcements
- Automated calls to your congregation
- Recorded message from you personally to your church
We realize the timeline is short – but if everyone steps up and puts the effort in with a sense of urgency to your congregation, this can be very successful!
Simply put, if you don’t want your church to pay this major new tax, we need your leadership NOW!
All information will be posted on these two websites: