Whether you’re looking for easy and inexpensive household cleaning ideas or unique and natural hygiene secrets, there is one hardworking product perfect for any job: Baking soda.
According to Arm & Hammer (www.armandhammer.com), people have been choosing baking soda for more than 165 years for countless purposes including baking, personal care and household uses. Here are some new ideas for this old favorite:
- Soak pots and pans in baking soda and hot water for 15 minutes to wipe away baked-on messes easily.
- Pamper those toes by soaking your feet in a basin of warm water with three tablespoons of baking soda.
- Exfoliate your skin by making a paste of three parts baking soda to one part water; gently rub on your face or body and rinse clean. This combination is gentle enough to use every day.
- Clean your baby’s toys without using chemicals; mix one quart of warm water with four tablespoons of baking soda and rinse the toys well.
- For those unsightly scuffs on the walls, make a paste with baking soda and water and gently scrub any marks away.
The pros at www.RealSimple.com also have some great ideas for using baking soda:
- If your drain is clogged, don’t resort to harsh chemical solutions. Pour half a cup of baking soda down the clogged drain, followed by half a cup of vinegar. Cover the drain with a wet cloth, wait five minutes, uncover and flush using steaming hot water.
- After multiple uses, your plastic food containers can sometimes take on a funky smell. No problem – just soak them overnight in warm water and baking soda and they’ll be good as new.
- Did you forget to add toothpaste to the shopping list? Mix up a simple substitute by making a paste out of baking soda and water for sparkly, clean teeth.
- An easy solution to freshen up any closet or cabinet is to simply place an open box of baking soda on the shelf.
Next time you’re looking for a great cleaning solution, laundry aid or personal care product, look no further than your pantry. Baking soda is safe and effective in so many ways from kids’ activities to pet care and more. Check out www.armandhammer.com/solutions.aspx to discover them.