Easy-To-Use Destiny™ Extends Services While Reducing Costs
Can You Afford Not to Centralize?
If your school or district is like most, you've thought about centralizing your library management system-combining all circulation, cataloging, searching, reporting and management in one system installed at the district, and accessed through any workstation with a web browser.
Some districts wonder whether their budgets allow them to centralize. But centralizing library management can actually help solve some budget problems you are facing now. Consider the additional cost of operating and maintaining separate library systems at every site in your district:
- Repair and replacement of on-site servers
- Tying up school computers as dedicated workstations
- Redundant support contracts
- Costly on-site maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting
Centralization can prevent thousands of dollars lost in excess spending, year after year.
Learn more about the benefits of centralization in our white paper, available on our web site.
Orange County Schools in Hillsborough, North Carolina, was faced with adding a new 1,200-student high school to an outdated and unpopular site-based library solution. They went looking for a centralized, district-wide solution with these goals in mind:
- Replace outdated servers used at each site
- Find a more cost effective way to upgrade and extend services to new sites
- Provide students, librarians and teachers with a stable and reliable solution
To fit the district's budget, they needed a browser-based product that could be administered district-wide from central servers. The district selected Destiny because it offered these advantages:
- Fast and easy to install
- Easy for library staff and students to learn
- Single-point maintenance saved staff time
- High reliability and stability
- Unlimited workstations
Since implementing Destiny, Orange County Schools:
- Saved $100,000 by selecting Destiny over an alternative system
- Added a new high school without increasing staff or reducing services
- Trained district staff and librarians in two days
- Reduced system support time by 98%
- Provides students, staff and parents access to library resources 24/7
Read the full account of Orange County's experience with Destiny.
[PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION]