Real estate agents intent on maintaining a competitive edge and gaining success in today’s dynamic real estate environment are increasingly turning to a versatile, capable tool: the smartphone.
Forward-looking, fast-moving agents gain advantages over rivals by enhancing
communication capabilities and responsiveness to clients—tasks that can be substantially
streamlined and improved using smartphones.
The WAV Group’s 2007 Smartphone Satisfaction Survey gathered responses from 1618 REALTORS® around the United States who currently use smartphones. Given the increasing demand for smartphones in the real estate profession and the myriad of smartphone brands and models available WAV Group designed this study to help real estate professionals with the following issues:
• Understand what type of REALTORS® are using smartphones and why they are using them
• Learn how early adopters are using this technology in their real estate business
• Understand the key differences between available smartphones and how to select the best device for the real estate professional
Key findings are outlined below:
• Smartphone users mirror top producers. They are more experienced than average and sell more real estate than average
Smartphone User Attitudes
• 78% of respondents believe their smartphone has helped them become more responsive to their clients.
• 81% of respondents believe their smartphone has helped them project a more professional image.
• 62% of the respondents believe their smartphone has helped them sell more real estate.
• 95% of survey respondents use email on their smartphone at least once a week
• 78% of survey respondents have Internet access on their smartphone device.
• 86% use a wireless MLS service and 61% of survey respondents access the wireless MLS at least once a week.
• 54% of survey respondents receive Internet lead requests on their smartphone
Smartphone Purchase Dynamics
• 66% of survey respondents are using their first smartphone.
• For those that have purchased more than one smartphone the single largest reason for switching phones was battery life.
• Phone reception, synchronization, ease of use were the top three most important factors considered when purchasing a smartphone followed by wireless MLS and battery life.
• On average, 67% of users are somewhat or very satisfied with other smart phones.
• BlackBerry® smartphones have the highest satisfaction ratings overall. 78% of survey respondents with either somewhat or very satisfied.
• BlackBerry smartphones ranked highest in 9 of the 10 key satisfaction ratings from the survey.
In addition the WAV Group has published a white paper entitled How to Gain a Competitive Edge in Real Estate using Smartphones. You can download this paper by clicking on this link.
Feel free to post the link to the white paper on your website or in newsletters. If you would like WAV Group to write an article for one of your upcoming publications we will happy to. Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about how to unleash the power of smartphones in your business, To review the entire WAV Group Smartphone Satisfaction Survey, click here