Time is our most precious asset
Focus is a winning strategy
Dear [[FIRSTNAME OR 'reader']],
It’s a fact of life: Time is our most precious asset!
This maxim is critically important for business owners and management teams. Success depends on truly appreciating the value of time when making business decisions.
Once time is spent, it’s gone. This means:
Sound ruthless? Perhaps, but remember that time waits for no man – or woman. That’s why moving quickly is essential. Convinced you have a “lean and mean” staffing style? Think again. Too often, lean and mean really means “stretched and stressed” because fewer resources are assigned too many non-core tasks. Over the following months Smoke Signals will address the critical asset of time.
- Leaders must focus their organizations on high-value time investments. For example – if customer satisfaction is critical, low-value activities that steal time from meeting or exceeding customer expectations are costly distractions.
- Any process, function or activity that isn’t a core competency of the business is consuming too much management and staff time.
- Any task that adds only limited value is better off-loaded to others – or eliminated entirely.
- Any employee who doesn’t deliver critical value-added tasks should be reassigned - or become someone else's employee.
· Watch for stories about businesses like yours that have successfully controlled their most precious asset.
· Learn more about “Flex-sourcing*” – a concept for small and mid-sized who want the benefits of outsourcing without rigid contracts or loss of control.
· Look for ideas that will help you lower costs and relieve headaches while freeing you up to focus on your most important priorities.
* Unlike outsourcing, "Flex-Sourcing" utilizes 3rd party firms to support and manage non-critical core competencies without assuming total control of an operation.
For additional information, or to discuss your situation call me at 847/251-3327 or click here: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be worth your time.