December in Colorado Springs is magical! Children are ready for holiday vacations, the ski slopes begin to open, and many of our neighbors spend the month celebrating family, health, and prosperity, while preparing to welcome in a new year! If you haven’t yet planned your entire month of fun, not to worry. We collected some fun items to consider. Happy Holidays!
- Do you like skating? Have you visited the outdoor skating park downtown? It is a nice way to spend part of your day on Tejon Street while you shop. Grab the kids, ready some hot chocolate, and enjoy a new tradition located within Acacia Park! For more info, just click HERE.
- Many of us look for fun adventures outside of lovely COS over the holidays, and to feed that desire, we recommend the Santa Express Train via the Royal Gorge! Here is a brief description and a LINK for more information: Experience the train that takes you to meet Santa Claus himself. The Santa Express Train is a winter wonderland, where children of all ages are encouraged to wear cozy pajamas and relax with family and friends on a journey you’ll treasure year after year.
- Food is a center piece of the holiday season. We cook, we eat, and we enjoy memories together at the holiday table. If you are looking for a place to take your family during the holidays, perhaps bring them up north to Till Kitchen, the new dining hot-spot in COS. This delectable eatery is located on Prominent Point, and is bound to tempt your taste buds with local ingredients, amazing recipes and some of the finest options within the culinary arts. http://tillkitchen.com/
- We would be silly not to remind you of all the amazing events taking place at The Pikes Peak Center in December…we have three words for you: Broadway Christmas Wonderland! Of course, there are also many other tantalizing options within one of the region’s finest entertainment venues!
- Perhaps your idea of a fun event in December revolves around grabbing a hot cup of coffee and heading outside. If that is YOU, check out the calendar of events this month at The Garden of the Gods Visitors Center…so much happening in December, here is their calendar!
- Finally, to awaken your inner thespian, don’t forget UCCS’s famed THEATERWORKS hosts A Christmas Carol each night in December through the 24th! What a way to introduce the kids to a truly historic story!
Whatever your choice for entertainment during the month of December, there is no doubt that Colorado Springs has something for everyone! Be well and have a lovely month!
-Crystal Johnston, Director of Marketing