October is a wonderful month here in Colorado Springs! The kids are back to school and are becoming comfortable with their new class schedules, the trees are changing beautiful colors, and the weather remains warm in the day and nice and soothing-cool in the evenings.
Bottom line, readers: welcome to Fall! With the change in the seasons come many wonderful opportunities to get out in the Springs and have fun! Here is a sample of the many choices for entertainment in October across our wonderful city. Enjoy!
- Are you ready to put on a scarf and sweater and go out one night? Well, there are so many great events taking place at The Pikes Peak Center this October to tempt your desire to experience the arts! One of our favorite events is on October 15th when the Colorado Springs Philharmonic plays, Tchaikovsky: Francesca da Rimini! There are so many other great events this month to choose from, including iconic rock-n-roll star Jackson Brown who plays at Pikes Peak Center on October 10th.
- October represents the fading warm days of the year as we prepare for winter – so if you are looking to enjoy the outdoors just a few more times, there are plenty of options for you! The Cheyenne State Park is just dripping with trails for you and your family to enjoy either on foot or via a bike! No time like the present to get ‘out there’ and enjoy one of America’s best parks!
- How about treating Mom to a unique experience this month? Our friends at Fox21news have a wonderful event celebrating MOMs…called The Foxy Moms Expo on October 8th! This is an exciting day geared towards women and filled with shopping, pampering, and ideas from local businesses. There will be great local food, live music and entertainment, guest speakers, prize giveaways, demonstrations, and a fashion show highlighting the latest trends in apparel and accessories for the Foxy Moms of Southern Colorado!
- Looking for something on the goofy side, but still packed with fun and exercise?? Look no further than Colorado Springs’ own WALDO WALDO 5K run on October 22nd. Words can’t describe this magical run where all attendees are dressed as the famous character ‘Waldo’…you know, Where’s…..?
- This list would not be complete without something for Halloween! We at Perkins Motors LOVE BOO At The Zoo, which is a family friendly event at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo on October 21-23! Bring the family, see the sights, the animals, and your neighbors dressed in their best costumes. Who knows, maybe your family will celebrate BOTH Halloween and Perkins Motors’ new line of FIAT Cars by dressing your little one in a FIAT costume.
Whatever you decide to do in October, we hope you have a fun, safe, and exciting month! There are many great options for you in Colorado Springs, so enjoy!
-Crystal Johnston, Director of Marketing