A colorful, low-calorie, one-dish main course that can be made ahead of time is also exceptionally easy because it is served at room temperature. And it is an easy dish to transfer to other homes or on outings.
Saladmaster Machine, 11” Skillet, Large Bowl
7 servings, approximately 1 cup each (300 grams)
2 cups cooked small seashell pasta, approximately 1 cup uncooked pasta (140 grams)
1 ½ cups (about 6 ounces) cooked chicken breast, boned, skinned, cubed (150 grams)
1 cup (about 1 medium) red bell pepper, diced (150 grams)
1 cup (about 1 medium) yellow squash, shredded, use Cone #1 (150 grams)
½ cup carrots, sliced, used Cone #4 (75 grams)
½ cup green onions, sliced (75 grams)
½ cup corn kernels (75 grams)
½ cup peas (75 grams)
15 ounces (about 1 ½ cup) black beans, rinsed and drained (420 grams)
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (90 milliliters)
3 tablespoons olive oil (45 milliliters)
3 teaspoons coarse ground mustard (15 milliliters)
½ teaspoon ground cumin (2.5 milliliters)
¼ teaspoon salt (1.25 milliliters)
¼ teaspoon hot sauce (1.15 milliliters)
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl or jar. Stir or shake until blended.
- When ready to serve pour dressing over chicken and pasta mixture and gently toss.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Nutrition information per serving: 337 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 34mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate, 9g dietary fiber, 2g sugar, 24g protein
- Serve with a hearty warm bread and you have an entire meal complete with protein and vegetables.