DALLAS CPA SOCIETY PRESENTS 8-HOUR
FEDERAL TAX UPDATE
Steven J. Tillinger, CPA
January 26, 2012
New Lower Registration Fees for this Course!
$200 (M) and $250 (NM)
Title: Federal Tax Update
Instructor: Steven J. Tillinger, CPA
Date: January 26, 2012
Location: Dallas CPA Society, 12700 Park Central Drive #1000, Dallas TX 75251
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Description: Addresses the Hot Topics of 2011:
- MAJOR DEVELOPMENT – The Debt Ceiling Debate. Get up-to-date on how your taxes will be affected. Steve will discuss the tax implications of this legislation and what you need to know. Understand tax expenditures and baseline budgeting. He says to be prepared for a rocky road. Fasten your seat belts!!!
- MAJOR DEVELOPMENT – Limited liability interests subject to self-employment taxes!!! This will affect some of your clients. Also covered are new information on E-Filing and new information on regulating Tax Return Preparers. What does it all mean? Get the details here.
- 2011 TAX LAW – AMERICA INVENTS ACT – the most sweeping change to patent law in a generation, and it addresses one of Steve's Developing Hot issues – Tax Strategy Patents.
- 2011 TAX LAW – BUDGET CONTROL ACT – learn how the super committee can affect your taxes.
- 2011 TAX LAW – COMPREHENSIVE 1099 TAXPAYER PROTECTION ACT – the repeal of certain 2010 tax law provisions.
- 2010 TAX LAW UPDATE – TAX RELIEF ACT – extension of temporary provisions, cost recovery provisions, estate tax relief and more!
- 2010 TAX LAW UPDATE – THE SMALL BUSINESS JOBS ACT – expanded Roth accounts for individuals and major tax relief for all businesses.
- 2010 TAX LAW UPDATE– HIRING INCENTIVES TO RESTORE EMPLOYMENT ACT – updated information on the significant changes on how individuals report foreign financial assets.
- PLANNING — Uncertainty Rules!!! How Statutory PayGo and the Tax Gap affect temporary provisions, the so-called Tax Extenders. Are higher taxes ahead? Is there a VAT in our future? Tax planning is more important than ever! Are you ready?
- IMPORTANT UPDATES AND NEW DEVELOPMENTS — covering 2010 and earlier tax law.
- IMPORTANT — court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; and IRS revenue rulings and procedures.
- NEW DEVELOPMENTS — affecting partnerships and LLCs, C and S corporations.
- OF CONTINUING INTEREST — AMT, Estate Tax issues and more. . .
Whether you are a generalist or a tax specialist, you will take away valuable information and insights from this eight-hour program. The course will bring you up-to-date on current issues in federal income taxation affecting individuals and small business owners with emphasis on comprehensive coverage and analysis of 2011 tax law; analysis, updates and new developments of 2010 and earlier tax law; important court cases; Treasury income tax regulations; and IRS revenue rulings and procedures.
Course Level: Update
Course No: 12500819
Credit Hours: 8
Sponsor No: 441
Cost: $200(M) $250(NM)
Cancellations are subject to a $30 service charge.