|At the sports day, cesium formate brines handlers had a natural advantage over their zinc bromide rivals
Do you have an eye for detail? Let’s see shall we? Although the two cartoons pictured above look the same, there are five differences between them. Once you think you’ve found the differences, either scan the marked-up cartoon or write them down and send us your answer. The first five with the correct answers taken randomly from the entrants list win a hand held SkyScout Planetarium from Celestron, which identifies over 6,000 celestial objects at the touch of a button when aimed at any section of the night sky. Best of luck!
Please send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (44) 1224 870089 by 1 May 2010.
Congratulations to all those who solved the anagrams in the last issue of Formate Matters. The lucky winners are: John Kozicz (Transocean), John P. Parker (Q’Max America), Paul Francis (Shell), Jeremy Rhodes (Nexen) and Kevin Meads (Scomi Oiltools). Answers are as follows:
I SAFE COMMUTER = CESIUM FORMATE
PUSH RIGS HERE = HIGH PRESSURE
HUGER HEAT PERMIT = HIGH TEMPERATURE
I FIND DULL GIRL = DRILLING FLUID
BIONIC PETROL MEN = COMPLETION BRINE
INVENTED FRUIT LION = INTERVENTION FLUID
Complete competition rules
- The competition is open to adults over the age of 21.
- To enter the competition you must correctly spot the five differences between the two cartoons pictured above.
- Winners are the first five entrants with correct answers drawn randomly from the full list of entrants. Cabot Specialty Fluids reserves the right to replace prizes with gifts of equal value if the said prizes are unavailable in the winners' countries of origin, or are unavailable for any other reason.
- Prizes are limited to one per person.
- No cash alternative is available.
- Closing date for competition entries is 1 May 2010. Winners will be notified by the end of May 2010 at the latest.
- Proof of posting is not proof of delivery. Damaged, defaced, illegible or incomplete entries will be considered null and void. No responsibility can be accepted for any entries lost, delayed or damaged either in the post or due to electronic failure of any kind.
- The winners' names and countries can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com.
- The winners may be published in the next edition of Formate Matters.
- Cabot Specialty Fluids reserves the right to amend the rules of the competition or cancel it at any time without notice.
- By entering this competition you agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.