Blindingly fast and undeniably practical, the 2006 S4 Avant (starting at $48,120) is a 340 hp statement of what “Never Follow” is all about. One test drive and you’ll be sold on its happy marriage of function and firepower.
When it comes to the new 2006 Audi S4 Avant, don’t be fooled by its fabulous functionality as a wagon, whether its kids, cargo, or Kandinskys you’re transporting. Performance remains a priority. After all, it’s an Audi.
These performance points leave no doubt that this is a machine to be reckoned with.
- 340 hp @ 7000 rpm, V8-4.2 liter engine, lighter than ever
- Legendary Quattro all wheel drive
- Six speed manual transmission or six speed Tiptronic automatic transmission
- A rocket that delivers 302 lb/ft of torque @ 3500 rpm
- 0-60 mph in mere seconds: manual: 5.4, Tiptronic: 5.7 with a top track speed of 155 mph
The 2006 S4 Avant comes with thoughtful and high-tech features that further the “performance machine” image only Audi has perfected to a science.
- Power outside mirrors with defog feature, in distinctive S4 housing
- Heated windshield washer nozzles
- High-pressure retractable headlight washers
- 12-way sporty power driver and front passenger Recaro® Sport seats including 4-way electric lumbar adjustment and lockable head restraints
- Rear passenger Recaro Sport seats
- Leather-wrapped multifunction 3-spoke Sport steering wheel (includes Tiptronic® paddle shifters)
- Manually adjustable tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Leather-wrapped shift knob (Tiptronic models), shift boot (manual models) and hand brake lever
- 18-inch 6-spoke wheels with 235/40 performance tires
You’ll applaud the impressive performance experience of the new 2006 Audi S4 Avant.