Because BadBlue is a full-blown web server (i.e., it supports PHP, Perl and other CGI's) - and its user-interface is entirely HTML-based - it can be completely customized and re-branded (the only Gnutella client that we know of that has these abilities).
BadBlue allows extensive customization of Gnutella connectivity options which can help you create private networks. And BadBlue's extensive support of security options (access control, IP restrictions, "soft firewall" and logging) let you tightly restrict and monitor access to shared files.
Key Advantages of BadBlue for P2P File-Sharing:
- Completely customizable interface: BadBlue's user-interface is based on HTML... it can be completely "skinned" (re-branded) to meet your individual needs
- Full-blown web server: BadBlue can act as a stand-alone web server to make it easy to collect information, securely, from workstations. And because it supports PHP, CGI, etc., you can create an infinite number of cool, powerful applications
- Transmit MS Office files as HTML instantly: mark a DOC, XLS or MDB as "shared" and watch it get rendered into browser-friendly HTML automatically... this makes it easy for authorized users, other computers and web-crawlers ("spiders") to read business-critical data
- Tiny: BadBlue is a very small download (approximately 240K in its default configuration) that installs files to only a single folder - that means it easy to install and uninstall, whenever and wherever you need it
- Secure: add access control (user/password protection), IP filtering, and "soft firewall" restrictions to protect your content and keep it safe
- Scheduling: a powerful scheduling engine is built into BadBlue... capture web pages or simply run commands whenever you'd like, even if you're not around
- No spyware: our business model is organizational/corporate file-sharing. We sell a high-powered version of BadBlue called Enterprise Edition that makes it easy for companies to exchange data. BadBlue will _never_ include spyware or any other user-unfriendly add-ons that you don't want or need
BadBlue 1.6 also adds web-serving capabilities:
- Better compatibility with Apache (honoring header location redirects automatically)
- Better security and protection against new browser exploits (special thanks to Strumpf Noir Society)
BadBlue's been on TechTV several times, was selected as a ZDNet file of the day and mentioned in a variety of notable industry publications.
Free download here.
Get BadBlue Enterprise Edition today for just $34.99 before the price increase on March 1, 2002!