Bethesda, MD – September 29, 2010 – It’s not too late to participate in Fall Car Care Month in October, the perfect time to remind your customers to have their vehicles checked after the wear and tear of summer and before harsh winter weather sets in.
The Car Care Council has put together some recommendations on last minute ways to get involved.
• Email current customers a reminder that October is Fall Car Care Month.
• Display "October is Fall Car Care Month" posters in visible places.
• Include FCCM web banners on your website.
• Order BCCA Brochures for your customers. This informative brochure familiarizes motorists with the opportunities for preventive maintenance in and around their vehicle and includes a schematic of vehicle parts, components and maintenance recommendations ed.
• Tell your customers about the digital Car Care Guide or order printed guides to hand out to them. The guide covers the most common preventive maintenance occasions and procedures that need to be performed to keep cars safe, dependable and efficient. It also includes descriptions of 12 major vehicle systems and parts, and a list of questions to ask when maintenance or repair procedures are being done on a car.
• Hang a free “Fall Car Care Month” banner. Fall Car Care Month banners may be ordered online while supplies last. The cost of the banner is covered by the Car Care Council and shipping for each banner is only $9.95.
• Visit www.carcareindustry.com, the industry’s Car Care Month Tool Kit, for other ideas on getting involved and promoting Fall Car Care Month in your place of business.
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For more information, visit www.carcare.org.